Learn practical, easy-to-use techniques for navigating the sea safely and confidently
In Simple Kayak Navigation, kayaking instructor Ray Killen explains the whole thing you wish to have to know about plotting your course for a protected and smooth sea adventure. He teaches you dozens of essential navigation procedures specially adapted to the needs of sea kayakers.
Killen’s simple, easy-to-learn navigational methods will will let you resolve your position, ensure your safety, and keep you on target. Emphasizing the importance of pre-go back and forth planning, Killen shows you how to plot your course and how to make adjustments to it when unexpected situations arise. You’ll be able to also get advice on navigating in fog and wind, compensating for currents, avoiding collisions, and taking bearings.
You’ll also learn to:
- Use GPS to plan routes and resolve heading, speed, and position
- Make sense of nautical charts and maps
- Interpret buoys, lights, and other aids to navigation
- Make the most efficient use of both deck-mounted and hand-held compasses
- Use tides and currents to your advantage
Frequently Bought Together
This item: Simple Kayak Navigation: Practical Piloting for the Passionate Paddler$13.18
Sea Kayak Rescue: The Definitive Guide To Modern Reentry And Recovery Techniques (How to Paddle Series)$12.43