With the Horizon Wind Energy Science Kit (FCJJ-39) you’ll be able to build a miniature power generation system that converts wind into electrical energy. Experiment with the pitch (angle setting) of turbine blades and find out the optimum number of blades for generating electricity. Nine blades, with three types of profiled blade based on NASA aeronautics and one type of poly-propylene sheet blade, give you the opportunity to find the easiest balance of wind resistance, weight and angle.
• Uniquely designed blade profile based on NASA aeronautics
• Most realistic wind turbine experimentation to be had on the market
• Complete wind energy curriculum covering vertical and horizontal axis turbines
• Blade angle adjustable from 0° to 55 degrees ( 3 postions)
Wind Energy Experiments
• How Many Blades Are Best – 1, 2, 3 … More?
•The use of Three different Curved Blade Shapes
• The use of Blades You Make Yourself
• Turbine Eïffciencies
• Measuring RPM
• Tuning For Maximum Power
• How Blade Angle or Pitch ffects Output Power
• Mini wind turbine (wind power generator)
• Kit for learning about wind power energy
• Blade pitch, blade profile and number of blades can also be evaluated
• Vane aligns the turbine mechanically to the direction of the wind
• Special 3 phase alternator for higher output power
• LED for output power demonstration
• Complete educational curriculum on wind energy
Convert wind to electrical energy.
Design based off of NASA aeronautics.
Add or eliminate blades to find the best set-up.
Power included LED lights or other small devices.
Own a in point of fact unique, miniture icon of green energy.