Got an AK Parts Kit? This ebook shows you build it right!
The AK-47 and its variants are world-renowned for being simple, rugged and nearly indestructible. But if you wanted to build your own Kalashnikov rifle there was once no good single source of construction information—until now.
This new book series dives deep into proven techniques of home-built AKs. Profusely illustrated with a lot of photos and diagrams, these manuals will show you exactly assemble your AK parts kit step by step. Your build will go easy the use of our techniques, really useful tools, and veteran builder tips/tricks…all with a critical focal point on both safety & quality.
Volume I covers both headspacing procedures and the population of the barrel components in a non-original barrel or virgin barrel AK parts kit. Both AK-47 and Ak-74 build procedures are described in the first book.
• Measuring the barrel journals
• Cut extractor relief on chamber end of the barrel
• Cut the clocking notches for the lower hand guard retainer
• Strip bolt, in preparation for headspace check
• Align, and press front trunnion onto chamber end of barrel
• End mill/ream barrel pin notch, and set barrel pin
• Install, and drill/pin Rear Sight Base
• Locate, and cut lower handguard retaining notch
• Gas Port location
• Install Lower Handguard Retainer
• Install, and align the gas block
• Drill and pin the gas block
• Install, and align the Front Sight Base
If in case you have been looking forward to the ‘definitive AK assembly guide’ before building your AK, wait no more. And, now in Paperback.
And, Volume II continues the journey, showing each step to complete your Matching or newly populated AK parts kit into a complete rifle.
Frequently Bought Together
This item: Build Your Own AK: Vol. I: Headspace & Virgin Barrel Population (Volume 1)$14.99
Panteao Productions: Make Ready with Jim Fuller AK Armorer's Bench Video - PMR023 - Rifle Dynamics - AK - AK-47 - AK-74 - Kalash - Armorer - Gunsmithing$20.89